Lonely Planet Country England
'Written and researched by David Else, Peter Dragicevich, Belinda Dixon, Joe Bindloss, Neil Wilson, Marc Di Duca, Oliver Berry, Etain O'Carroll, Fionn Davenport.
Check out Lonely Planet's iPhone apps including London City Guide and our new series of London Audio Walking Tours.
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other'. New York Times The ultimate, most comprehensive guide to travelling in England includes up-to-date reviews of the best places to stay, eat, sights, cultural information, maps, transport tips and a few best kept secrets - all the essentials to get to the heart of England. This guide is the result of over 7 months of research by 9 dedicated authors and local experts who immersed themselves in England, finding unique experiences, and sharing practical and honest advice, so you come away informed and amazed.
Inside Lonely Planet England:
* Full color styling and images
* Over 120 clear, easy-to-read color maps - retooled for use with the iPad
* A brilliant new page layout for fast and hassle-free reading while on the go
* Itineraries organized by region or length of trip
* Up-to-date recommended points-of-interest - covering eating, sleeping, going out, shopping, activities and attractions
* In-depth features to uncover the world's iconic sights
* Hundreds of money saving tips
* Our latest trip planning tools to help you get around smoothly
* Additional sections including Top Experiences, History, Culture, Food, and an A-Z survival guide. '